Sunday 1 July 2007

Nyonya Restaurant Brunei

I had an overseas guest today and I decided to bring him out for dinner tonight. While on the way to fetch him, I was thinking “where to go?”. I felt like wanting to be entertained, perhaps seeing someone singing tonight to relax my mind. Can only think of 2 places i.e. Nyonya Delima Satu and the Empire Hotel. Decided to go to Nyonya instead as I know that the entertainment there is more fun. I also invited Bruneian to join me for the dinner.

About Nyonya Restaurant 

As far as I know they have 2 branches, Gadong and Delima Satu. The one at Gadong don’t have singing entertainment, only the Delima Satu branch has it. The performance starts around 8:30pm on 1st floor. Monday and Thursday is an off day for their singers. The singers are actually the waiters and waitress. Delima Satu branch also offer Dim Sum for breakfast and lunch. Gadong branch don’t offer Dim Sum (I think so). Foods there are not that cheap but affordable. It’s a good place to bring guests or having special occasions dinner.

I would recommend anyone to try out having dinner there at least once. Remember not to choose Monday or Thursday night if you want to see the singing performance. 10% discount on HSBC credit card.

The address

No. 26 & 27, Ground & 1st Floor
Block D, Kg. Delima Satu
Mukim Berakas BB4713 B.S.B, Brunei Darussalam
Tel : 2340038
Fax : 2340039

Gadong: No 3, Bangunan Hasbullah 1, Jln Gadong. Tel: 244-7090 
Yayasan: Block E & F, YSHHB Complex. Tel: 223-1236

searchterm: 
Nyonya Brunei restaurant
Working Hours: 
Gadong: 8am-11pm Serusop: 8am-11pm Yayasan: 10am-10pm
244-7090

source :
http://bruneirestaurantreview.blogspot.com/2007/01/singing-waitress-nyonya-delima-satu.html

Nyonya Restaurant - Gadong

Whenever i mentioned Nyonya Restaurant, people always tell me how good is theirButtermilk Chicken.
Out of curiousity, so Me and Hubby paid a visit to Nyonya and wanna know how truthful the comments are.
There are few branches of Nyonya. 1 in Gadong (the main branch), 1 in Yayasan, 1 in Delima.
The Yayasan branch is more towards cafe rather than restaurant to me.
So this time we visited the Gadong branch.
The designs of the restaurant is really great, especially their dinning tables.
And really great ambiance and suitable for couple to go there and 'pak toh'
We choosed to have our meal on the upper floor and there were nobody except us and Mr. Waiter.
It made me feel like Hubby 'pao' (booked) the whole upper floor of Nyonya and have romantic dinner with me... HAHAHAHAHAHA
Btw, we ordered their Curry Lamb Rice and Buttermilk Chicken Rice.
We were so shocked when the Buttermilk Chicken Rice arrived.
The portion was so littleeeeeeeeeee....
The Curry Lamb's portion was alright.. but not the Buttermilk Chicken.
Ok Ok, back to the 'taste' part.
They didn't lie to me.
It does taste GREAAAAT!
MUST TRY LER!
The Buttermilk Chicken i mean.
The Curry Lamb ok ok lar.. kinda regret didn't order the Asam Sliced Fish instead.
Guess the Asam Sliced Fish might be better than the Curry Lamb.
Out of so many places who serve Buttermilk Chicken.. so far, Nyonya is top on my list keke..
I just hope they can improve in the portion servings lar..
Really too little.

http://www.food-hungry.com/2007/06/nyonya-restaurant-gadong.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brunei Share : The legends surrounding of Bukit Tempayan Pisang

The legends surrounding Bukit Tempayan Pisang can be promoted to attract tourists. This suggestion was yesterday made by Minister of Hom...